Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

UCI Track and Field: All UC Meet

Here are a few of my favorites from our first track meet this past weekend. Both our men's and women's teams competed well and there were a few highlight performances.


Lauren Collins, one of the best heptathletes in the nation broke the school record in the high jump by clearing 6 feet! That's pretty much jumping over me...crazy!



This is Charles Jock, one of our incredibly talented freshman. He split a 46.7 on the final leg of the 4x4 and won the race for us at the line. It was his first college track meet and a great way to start of what is going to be a promising career at UCI.





This is my good friend Avery Blackwell who I have known for almost 5 years now through the Altitude Project in Mammoth Lakes. Avery is one of the camp directors and has had a huge impact on my life and spiritual growth. He is an assistant coach for the UCSB team. I just found out that he and his wife Katie are expecting a baby in a few months! I am so excited and happy for them...Congrats!!!

No comments: