Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Steelwells at the Detroit

On Monday a friend of mine introduced me to her favorite band, The Steelwells. They were playing at the Detroit in Costa Mesa. I had never heard them before but really liked their music. They may be the next big thing! You can check it out HERE. I'm looking forward to seeing them play again!

I didn't bring my camera, but I live right down the street and we got it last minute. I was glad I got it and had fun taking a few shots. I had never done band or "concert" pictures before so it was cool to try something new. It was a small venue and there were really no lights or much light at all for that matter. I was amazed at what I was able to capture at the high ISO's of my Mark II. I was shooting at its limit which was barely enough to get some pictures. It really is an amazing camera.

You may notice I didn't do any noise reduction in post processing. I kind of like the grainy feel that comes with the high ISO...especially in B&W.


2 comments:

Alice said...

omg i love it so much! :)

The Steelwells said...

Greg!!! Your amazing, we can't thank you enough for gracing us with your superb talent.